Friday, 5 July 2013

Blue Pants of Happiness

In typically British fashion I'm going to begin with a comment about the weather - It has been GLORIOUS today, which is not something I get to say often. We went to the park today and lazed around reading, talking and watching squirrels. It was a great day however I forgot sunscreen and I'm paying the price now - so much sunburn, I even got burnt through my t-shirt.

Enough about my day, I wore some me-made linen capri's today, I made them last year as a wearable toile and then lost the pattern. The grainline is off on them so they wrap around my legs in a weird way, but they are still wearable and comfortable (apart from the zipper which is a vintage metal monstrosity which won't stay up and nips into my skin as its falling down)  I should really make an effort to find the pattern (it was self drafted) and make a couple more pairs as I'm lacking in appropriate summer clothes.







While we were walking around the pond we spotted some Swans and Signets, I've never seen Signets before and they were so adorable, I don't think they could ever be described as ugly!


 

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen the babies before either -cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were super cute, I was so excited to see them I did a little happy dance in the park, my OH was most amused!

      Delete
  2. You look very summery - and the colour is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I've actually dragged the rest of it out of stash, trying to decide whether I want to make shorts out of it or whether I have enough fabric for some tania culottes

      Delete
  3. Great capris, too bad you lost the pattern, they really do fit so well! Maybe you can take the pattern off from your "toile"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern will be somewhere, in a box within a box where I will have put it 'to keep it safe' - my sewing stuff is very disorganised at the moment!

      Delete